There was snow on the ground from a snow storm several days previous so when I arrived I had my sister take a couple of pictures of me making a snow angel in the snow. Oh, the kid in me! I love snow and miss it being in Texas!
Although I had flight delays in Dallas, my family went ahead and ate but left me ham, mashed potatoes, salads, vegetables and plenty of desserts.
Together as a family were: My mom, Jerry and Diane Maurer, Mark, Ruth, Nathan and Caleb Lans, Mark's mom and me.
We ate, drank coffee, watched football, laughed, gave each other backrubs, played with the Nerf guns and tried to make friends with Patch's, Diane's cat.
My nephew, Ross, was not there because he just became engaged to Mitzi and they were with her family.
They did join us at church, Faith Baptist, on Sunday and then we all went to eat lunch at a Mexican restaurant.
Enjoy these pictures of my incredible memories of THANKSGIVING IN DENVER-2009!
Making a snow angel felt sort of good!
A bit of angelic enthusiasm here!
At the Mexican restaurant on Sunday.
Between my mom and my neice is a lady who was a huge surprise to me! My mother surprised me by taking me to the apartment of a gal I have not seen in over 8 years! Stella Stout, the mother of a dear friend, Jack Stout. Jack and his sweet wife, Donna, were students at Western Bible College in Denver, Colorado. God brought Stella to the Eaton residence, on the same floor as where my mom lives and they discovered the unbelieveable.....we knew each other!
What a special surprise seeing Stella was for me!
Here is Stella Stout.
At the Mexican restaurant after church!
In the front is Ross, to his left is Mitzi, Diane, me, Nathan, Mark, Ruth, Caleb, Stella, Mom and Jerry
Fun!
My mom had a fan during the Bronco game! With her is the oldest son of Mark and Ruth Lans, Nathan.
I had so much fun shooting him and him shooting me with Nerf guns!
Funny faces!
Oops, just one funny face here! :)
Jerry Maurer in one of his lighter moments...the Broncos must have scored!
He really does take some pretty good photos, just not this time around!
Sorry, Jerry!
Mark's mom joined the family Thanksgiving this year. I was blessed to meet her and enjoy her company. She is a most delightful person. I asked her to come to Somerville and stay with me for a while. What a good time we would have! She is so much fun!
With her is Mark and Mark's youngest son, Caleb.
A project Mom and I did together was making her marvelous Christmas Jam. We had a wonderful time together laughing and recalling years with my dad in the churches and parsonages.
Oh, yes, the jam turned out just fabulously.
We had to try it out the next morning with our special Salt Rising Bread from the Cuba Bakery in Cuba, New York! I had ordered from them online and the bread shipped to mom. Funniest thing....she did the exact same thing! We had four loaves of Salt Rising Bread to enjoy!
Thanks, Mom, for the incredible memories of Thanksgiving 2009!
And thanks for listening to me, crying with me, laughing with me and praying with me!
I love you, Mom!
Of course, Mom and I had to eat at the Olive Garden one night when we just were too "beat" to fix dinner. Minestrone soup and salad made for some great memories!
I just could not go to Denver, stay with my mom, without eating lunch with her friends in their delightful dining room. This dear friend of mom's is 90 years old and nearly blind. Mom sits by her and pours her water, her coffee and just ministers to Louise any way she can. They have quite the bond! Notice the lemon meringue pie in the front of the photo.....the meringue was so tall....incredible! The food served at the Eaton Manor is marvelous. I never have to be concerned that my mother is eating heathy! Well, ok, the desserts may not be all that healthy, but we have to have a few vices in our day! :)
SO WE END THIS WHERE WE BEGAN.......
I behaved myself in Denver like a little angel!
INCREDIBLE MEMORIES!
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY!











No comments:
Post a Comment