Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dust off your hat and come for lunch!

Last Saturday, May 8, 2010, my church, the First Baptist Church of Somerville, had a luncheon for the WMU (Women's Missionary Union) to update us all on the ministry to our church missionaries who serve our Father around the world.  Each lady attending was to bring a salad of their choice and the biggee was to wear a creatively designed and decorated hat!  

When everyone arrived it was apparent that we have some very creative women!

See for yourself!



The second place winner, Allison, and my dearest friend at the church in our bonnets.


Our WMU chairperson for 2010!  A great lively spirit!


There is always great food at this church gatherings!
The gentleman you see in the top of the photo is there as the assigned official photographer! He also enjoyed our salads.
See the strawberry cake in the foreground?  I decided besides taking a Paula Deen Cucumber Salad, I would make Paula Deen's Delicate Strawberry Cake.  Loaded with butter and powdered sugar, this cake topped off the luncheon!  I will share this recipe to all you would like it.



My friend!
Allison and her sweet husband just joined the church as I did.  We are the newbees!

Marilyn Welch and daughter, Wendy!
Marilyn won 1st prize for her hat!  It was so clever and spoke volumes of her love for her family!

A great time was had by all until the hats started itching our heads!
And, oh, the sight when we took our hats off!  :(


No comments: