My first face-to-face encounter with this handsome creature took me by surprise. I came out onto the back porch to gather up my cat, Sunny, who is normally lying out there. Here was Mr. Wonderful starring at me! I spoke quietly to him assuring him he was safe with me. He did not budge! Wondering how I could see him closer, I went to the bird food container and gathered up a container full of food and began shaking it lightly. He came closer. I kept shaking the container as I also edged myself closer to him. Getting within about 10 feet of him, I decided for the first encounter, I should let well enough alone. I put the container slowly down on the ground and backed away. He came to the bowl and ate! Every time he was in my yard again I worked my same magic and receiving the same results. Only guess what? We just got a bit closer and closer to each other! Until last night when we were within four feet approxiately of one another!
Note where the white water bowl is in this photo and then identify it in the next photo.
Mr. Wonderful moved away a couple of feet as I placed the water bowl down next to the bird food bowl and then immediately approached them both and looked at me as if to say, "I will keep my eyes on you, but thanks!"
Is he not the most handsome guy ever!





No comments:
Post a Comment