
The fall in Somerville is so very beautiful!
The warm winds are attracted to our porches, gliding across them ever so gently and finding passage into the open windows of the house.
There inside, they blend with the steaming wassail in the crockpot and sending the fragrance throughout the house.
Fall in Somerville.
Fall at the Lovell home!
Heaven!

Our porches have taken on a festive fall flavor!

While I was at the Garden Patch market in Brenham I saw these marvelous mum plants. They are huge and for only $6.50 each!
What beauty to grace our entry!

Every time I look at this photo I am reminded of the Heart Of My Heart guest ranch where Bud and I were married in Round Top, TX. on October 19, 2002.
What fond memories!
All we need now is a large serving of that delicious Dewberry Cobbler with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream by Blue Bell.
Oh-h-h-h, my mouth is watering.....guess I will sniff the wassail, sit in the middle rocker and hug my Sunny cat!

Now that my mouth is watering for the cobbler and I have none made, I will live in the memory of times gone by and make new ones for today.
Come.......make some of your own with me!
The Autumn time in Somerville is truly a memory time!
4 comments:
Mom,
I love your porch! I so want to come and sit and have wassail and enjoy a pleasant morning on those cozy chairs. You have made everything so homey and warm. I am really longing for some wassail now that you mentioned it. I can't get cranberry juice, but we do have a good sour cherry juice that I could substitute. Hmmmm, maybe today. It's chilly and rainy here - for the day at least. I love you!!!
Well, you just come and sit a spell, child!
The cherry juice seems as though it would work. Go for it, Chel. We will drink together from afar!
I love you, sweetie.
I read a great greeting card today, Mom, that reminded me of you and the house. It said, "If anyone ever says, 'There's no place like home', they've never stayed with you."
Your home is my home; that's why I love being there because it is an extension of you.
I love the scarecrows and pumpkins; they are a great contrast to your porch colors. And I can feel the breeze and smell the wassail, too.
Wish we were together today. ILY.
Dorothy, in the Wizard of Oz, said it best, "There no place like home! There no place like home!" I love knowing that you love being here. The doors are always open and so are my arms.
I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment