
This is my most favorite photo of my mom.
I see a woman of peace, joy, contentment, love and routine. Every morning she meets with the Lord in His Word and talks to Him about her family. She also eats just about the same thing every morning: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 piece of toast and a cup of coffee.
I love that smile on her face.
I love my mom so much.
Mom and I drove to Georgetown, Colorado (about 40 minutes from Denver). This is one of my most favorite towns in Colorado.
We had coffee and a most delicious homemade cinnamon roll at The Happy Cooker.
We made mountains of memories that day.
I will never forget the laughter, the people gazing, the good food, the shopping, but most of all the hugs from my mom on that trip to Georgetown.

One day we were just not interested in staying indoors so we went for coffee at a quaint cafe, talked for quite some time and then ventured on. When the day was ending for us venturers, we voted to rest our weary bodies at Simms Steakhouse for dinner. The waitress took this photo of us.
What a special day we had together!
I have the best mom in all the world!
Mom, her granddaughter, Ruth Maurer Lans, me and Ruth's mom and my sister, Diane Maurer.
This photo was taken on Sunday late afternoon after having a wonderful meal catered by Olive Garden at my sister and brother-in-law, Jerry's home in Lakewood, Colorado.
Such fun!

On Monday, September 7, Mom and I went to honor my dad, Glen Sherman, at Ft. Logan National Cemetery.
While we were out and in the neighborhood, we drove by the Pierce Street home in Bear Valley. Wow, how the neighborhood has changed and the home, which once sat in the field all by itself, now is hemmed in by several homes.
After seeing the home, Mom and I drove by our family's friends, Milt and Jeannie Bryan, only to find them not home. I was surprised I could still remember where they lived and drove right to it.
What a fun day with my mom!
The Colorado weather on this day was better than I could have asked for!
Although this trip to Colorado came by my doctor's recommendation, I found that being with my mom was better than what the doctor could have ordered.
Although this trip to Colorado came by my doctor's recommendation, I found that being with my mom was better than what the doctor could have ordered.
"May Your unfailing love rest on us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You." - Psalm 33:22

4 comments:
Mom, I loved this posting. It made me feel like I was really there with you. I am so very thankful that you had the opportunity to go for that visit. I can't believe how much the Pierce house has changed, and yet looks the same. I wanted to jump right into that photo and walk in the front door. I wonder what the inside looks like. That was the BEST house ever. Thanks for helping me make so many wonderful childhood memories there. I love you!
Chel, Thanks for your comments on the posting. It was so fun to share with those I love.
The Piece house was so surrounded by huge trees that were hanging almost onto the porches.....made it look like it was in a petrified forest! As Grandma and I sat in the car on the other side of the street from the house, we talked about memories that were made there. She had fun remembering Grandpa and her living there for a short time, of her staying there with you and Steph and so many other memories. We laughed and cried together and that was so healing for the two of us. God is good! The future is bright! We are thankful!
What a great picture of the Pierce house! I can't wait to show Jay. It's funny how just the sight of it brings back memories of smells and sounds there. I, too, wish I could walk up the path and into the front door. Imagine what we'd see! Loves to you, Mom.
Grandma and I were snoopy that day and moved in every direction we could to see more of the house, inside and out. The trees surrounding the house make it most difficult to peek inside the windows from afar.
Like you, memories flooded back for me. Grandma and I had some tears and hugs as we shared those memories. A sweet time! "Thank You, Father, of all grace and mercy! We love You!"
It would be fun some time to have you, Chelle, Grandma and me walk up to the front door, knock, introduce ourselves and ask to see the house. A dream!
Post a Comment